Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 04-01-2015, 10:44 PM   #1

Scooter won't go over 35mph *SOMETIMES

I have a 2009 Kymco Agility 125 that has performed well for about a year now. I drive the scooter about 15 miles per day and am able to reach over 65mph typically on an open road. Every few days or so, when I start the engine the acceleration is really slow and I can't go over 35mph. The weird part is when I shut off the engine and start it up again a few hours later, the performance will most of the time go back to normal.
I first removed the cvt cover and replaced the belt since it has been a couple of thousand miles since I last did that - also changed the variator rollers and clutch since they have never been changed. The problem still persisted so I put seafoam in the gas tank to help unclog the fuel lines and carb. I plan to remove the carb tonight and drown it in carb cleaner hoping that will solve the problem. Im hoping I won't have to replace fuel lines or dig into this problem much further. My next guess would be to replace the fuel filter but I am uncertain of what benefits that may provide. Anyone have this problem before or have any wisdom to share on this issue? Thanks!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Tags
carb, carburetor, cvt, fuel/air