Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > The Dawg Pound

Old 05-18-2017, 01:41 PM   #1

wondering about 250cc chinese enduros

Hi. I know they are not scooters, but I don't know who else to ask, so please don't nip my heels. :P

I'm being told that i am not going to be able to get a new chinese scooter that is 200cc or larger for several months, but I need local transportation now. can't afford a car, can't afford a japanese 2 wheel vehicle, so it's down to a chinese scooter or motorcycle, or a whizzer (probably chinese made).

The new 250 enduros are quite inexpensive, so they've caught my eye. I am wondering if in general, when they are used as local transportation, driven responsibly, and on the street only (no off-road stuff), are they just as reliable as 250cc scooters? And could one, in general, expect as many trouble-free miles from an 250 enduro as from a 250 scooter?

Thanks.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-19-2017, 04:38 PM   #2

Why not used Japanese or anything else other than Chinese? Have you even tried looking for a good used bike? (scooter or motorcycle) If not, then you probably should if money is tight. Do you know if the enduros that have your interest are even street legal?
"Darkside" Honda Reflex.
"Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."

Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me
Old 05-20-2017, 12:34 AM   #3

Well, the thing is, whatever i get will be with Nextep financing. I cannot buy outright, even if it is a used Rebel, etc. And some of the places in Texas I've looked at that have used Japanese bikes, they won't let me buy one them with the financing. And the store where I buy has to be in Texas (in my state, in other words) as I understand it, for me to get something with Nextep financing.

What I can get is new scooters or motorcycles at places in Texas that take Nextep. And I don't want to get a new Japanese anything, because I will be paying on it til doomsday. :(

The new Chinese enduros are 250's. I need something above 200 because I'm too dang big for a 150 for highway driving, I cannot find a place that takes Nextep in Texas and has new Chinese cruiser style 250 bikes, and the 250 enduros that I can get with nextep financing are like 1500 bux and less.

Believe me, if I could get a decent used Rebel or vstar 250 with Nextep financing in Texas, I would. So I'm wondering about these enduros. *shrug*

Edited to add: if you know of a place in Texas that takes Nextep financing and will let me get a used Japanese bike with it, please let me know. I've looked and looked ad found nothing, but I'm sure I left a few stones unturned. Texas is a big state.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-22-2017, 06:48 AM   #4

I would prefer a scooter in stop and go traffic. Otherwise, a Chinese dual sport should do the job. Some are better than others. People have been happy with the Hawk 250. I would avoid the Magician. It is not as well made.