Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 10-22-2022, 02:57 AM   #1

TGB 101S (2009) no spark

I've got a 101s 09 that I have let sit for about 8 months without starting. When I left it it was having troubles with losing power after about 40min of riding. Would literally end up with about .5hp just crawling home.

As it died it would kinda surge, get running nicely again and then die. If I kept the throttle pegged I could keep it running barely. It Also did this when going down hill and the hill let the engine rev higher. It'd go downhill, increase in rev's and die.

It seems whatever was on the way out when I parked it has finally kicked the bucket. Hence I have no spark and it wont start.

Replaced the sparkplug with a shiny new one, still no spark.

I have torn the whole thing down, checked the coil and it seems alright 2 across primary and 11k across secondary. When I pulse it connected to my battery got a relatively good spark.

I have tried to test the stator but cannot get a good read on it. Did take a look at it today though and it visually appears good, also get a voltage from each coil when cranking, only 3v AC though.

Checked the cut-off switch and it works fine.

CDI I have no clue how to test.

Basically I'm at the point where I'm gonna start throwing money at this until it works. What is the most likely culprit? I'm inclined to just buy a CDI and see if that works. Do CDI's fail often?

Any input would be much appreciated!

I just want to see a spark and get it running as I plan to upgrade it to 70cc for shits and giggles this summer.

Quick edit: This scooter has 13000km :/

Login or Register to Remove Ads