Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 03-24-2017, 11:45 AM   #1

Here's a pic I'll post more later
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1770.jpg (90.1 KB, 8 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-25-2017, 12:39 AM   #2

Doh!

Well damn I had a setback tonight. I was installed my 2k clutch springs, and I go to ride it and it felt like it almost didn't launch any harder but 3 feet later my variator came loose, and I watched it roll down the street past me along with all the washers and sheaves lmao can't find the sheave key or washer but new variator is getting ordered. But anyone know why I didn't get a higher rpm clutch engagement? Do the springs take some time to brake in and wear in? Let me know and say hello if your going To be following this thread. Always remember to tighten everything.
Old 03-25-2017, 12:39 PM   #3

New variator ordered. Stock specs more than likely nothing special, but mine was worn out a bit to begin with. Anyone know the eton Beamer comes with metal rollers? I was shocked. Most come with plastic, these are surprisingly mint not a single flat spot or anything but plastic lighter weights on the way aswell, to bring my rpms up a touch as I'm not in powerband at all until I hit like 32 then that's just because my variator was maxed and I was revving out lol. I'm anxious to get this sucker tuned perfectly, and pulling the absolute best it can pull before consistent 60° weather comes. Anyone have any recommendations on a good high rev happy 2 stroke oil? (For the injectors I haven't swapped to premix yet and don't plan to until it has a 72cc kit on it)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-26-2017, 12:02 PM   #4

Pics as promised.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1845.jpg (93.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1847.jpg (86.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1848.jpg (84.3 KB, 6 views)

Tags
2 stroke, build, eton, fun, goon