Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 06-24-2017, 09:25 AM   #1

Service manual, whats that? I HATE when someone wants me to help them work on a scooter they have owned for awhile and they dont have one! Simple service things I can deal with. The "We can look it up online." option sucks to. I guess Im old and actually prefer a factory PAPER service manual. I still have service manuals for scooters/motorcycles I no longer own. I usually include them with the vehicle when I sell it on but some are still around for whatever reason. He (Metro guy) is doing most of the repair work and if the gearbox oil service interval was listed he would have done that also. But when the rear of the Metro first got covered in oil that should have been a red flag! THAT was his fault for not looking into it! Funny part to story! He orders the part used from FleaBay. The seller then notifies him that he is on vacation and will mail the part out WHEN HE GETS BACK. The seller is on a cross country RV trip! Will be about 3 weeks. Metro guy is gonna wait it out just to save the money. Back to square 1 for transportation.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-27-2017, 10:05 AM   #2

Cheapskate got the FleaBay guy to ship the part, guess Flea guy got a family member to do it since he's on vacation. I hope the part is not damaged or gets lost in the mail. Worse would be the wrong part gets shipped! Now if you have a Metro or Ruckus take note. We have another Metro owner at work named Jim. Jim's Met has around 9000ish miles on it. Its in great condition, never abused and he performs all the service work according to the service manual. I told him to check the reduction box oil because of Cheapskates issue and Jim did. Jim said only about 2 THIMBLES worth of nasty oil oozed out. So, he did a quick flush and got it re-filled to the proper level. Reduction box was not mentioned for oil changes in his service manual. He's gonna change it every year now just to be proactive.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:42 PM   #3

Done and it runs! Cheapskate needs to replace the rear clutch but I got it work for awhile longer. It's SUPER worn out! Now to fix my Burgman and see what fits the Adly RT50 from a Zuma!

Login or Register to Remove Ads