Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 09-16-2015, 05:55 PM   #1

DC to AC conversion

Is the conversion to AC rectifier/stator/CDi/wiring harness' as simple as trading out the old DC components with AC components. I have a 6pin wide (all six active) which is a DC unit. My speedometer harness was fried and the search for a replacement has convinced me that an AC build is much easier to service and find parts for. Wiring is not my strong suit so if I'm perpetuating any misconceptions please forgive me. My scoot is a 2007 Lance GSR 150. Any help will be much appreciated.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-17-2015, 08:06 AM   #2

Before your system fried, did your headlights come on with the key on and engine not running?

4T 150cc 157 qmj

24mm carb w 115 main jet and paper cone air filter

Manual petcock w Tygon fuel lines

Scrappy Dog Scooters Retro-slash stainless straight-thru exhaust

RED spring clutch

Adjustable CDI (brand unknown, it's blue and red and works great!)

KOSO high performance variator w 12g sliders

Gates Powerlink 835-20-30 belt

GPS verified 65mph on flats.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:57 PM   #3

I believe so. I had it two days before what I think was a short in the wires to the left side rearview mirror turn signal caused the front (speedometer) wire harness to melt down so I didn't get to become very familiar with its ins and outs. I came to the conclusion that the rearview was the start of the meltdown due to the fact that the left hand rearview wiring is terribly burnt and the right hand is not. From there it ran down to the bottle neck of the harness and melted all those wires together. The left hand rearview was lose and I meant to tighten it, that's how I figure the wires weasled their way in there and were able to short. Smoke began to roll out of the instrument cluster area in the middle of a ride while sitting at a stop sign.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-17-2015, 07:02 PM   #4

My cdi has one wire to the two pin connector and three wires to the four pin connector