Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2019, 02:47 PM   #1

49 cc scooter belt replacement

Hello Everyone,
I have some questions, With these cheap 49 cc Chinese scooters when is right time and / or mileage to change the belt to a well known name brand? as well as the rollers, variators and adjust the valves? So far at 800 Miles I have changed the oil 3 times, the rear gear oil 2 times, Replaced 1 battery and most recently the spark plug. I am looking at about a 40% loss of brake pads so far I was told at about 1300 miles to have the brakes looked at again for possible replacement.

All in all, I have had little trouble with my scooter. It now starts easily since I changed out the spark plug. I have yet to have been stranded but as I see the mileage going up, I wonder how long "stuff" like the drive belt lasts.

I bet the factory puts on cheap ones.

I wish I had the funds to buy a Honda or Yamaha I know these are much better built. BUT I only use the scooter for pleasure riding. We go around our community and the area we ride has a lake and about 20 miles of riding we can do safely around that lake and adjoining neighborhoods and parks by being on streets that are 35 mph or less. I bought this scooter brand new 13 months ago.

IF I needed a scooter for daily transportation I would probably have gotten a Honda. But were retirees and this is purely a pleasure vehicle. So I went on the cheap and bought a Chinese scooter.

I am though not wanting to be left stranded with a snapped belt or another issue. so, what is recommended in your opinion in the near future?

I do have a owners manual BUT.. I really don't trust what maintenance schedules they show, for example, my manual says at 3,000 to inspect the belt. I have no idea BUT IF I have a cheap belt from the factory I doubt I would get 3,000 miles out of it.

I am surprised how well my scooter runs, drives and starts it is a JiaJUe Gator 50.

Just got back tonight from a 30-mile round trip no issues Started right up rode well accelerated with ease and idles nicely.

I also like the look of the scooter.

I also read that Brintelli owns Jiajue. Is that correct??

Login or Register to Remove Ads