Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #1

Drive belt slipping, maybe catching....

So on my Roketa MC-30-150, I've been noticing and increasingly odd problem. Once it warms up, I can feel the transmission "hesitating" when accelerating from a stop or from a very slow speed. Sometimes, it feels like the belt is slipping somehow and other times it feels more like it's getting hung up. Once it's past about 30 mph, it's smooth and seems fine.

Also, I'm not sure if it's related or not but after a long ride, the CVT cover is VERY hot to the touch. Hot enough such that I can't hold my fingers on it for more than a second.

I have an odd oil leak that I can't quite pin down. The scoot leaks from somewhere in the engine, but only when it's running and warmed up and for a short time thereafter. The leak seems to be small but I can see oil on the front air intake for the CVT case. I'm wondering if the oil is making it's way into the case itself.

I was planning on picking up a new belt and new rollers this weekend (the rollers were pretty worn when I had it apart earlier this year and the belt was just over 19mm. I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas so I don't have to make more than one trip to the scooter store. I read on scrappydog an issue with belts overheating because of a bad bearing in the clutch.

Login or Register to Remove Ads