Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2013, 02:24 AM   #1

Wink Riding in the rain.

I had some business to take care of today and the girlfriend required my car for her duties. So I jumped on the bike...just in time to be caught out in a rain storm.

It wasn't that bad, we have been having a drought here in West Central Florida and frankly it felt pretty good to be out riding around in a steady, cool rain. I've been wanting to get out and see how the new bike handled wet conditions and she passed with flying colors.

After my business was done I was feeling so good I took her on a little ride, finding an old cemetery that deserves a closure look (I'm a history buff and cemetery's are a book chock full of info if you know what to look for). I was going to ride up the road and get some information about a nearby zoo I heard about but the lightening started to flash so I decided it could wait.

Not really a ride report but a pretty little jaunt of maybe 50 miles round trip. Riding in the rain just made my whole day. I commuted to work with a smile on my face and rode home under threatening skies but dry roads tonight (I work from 4 PM to 1 AM most nights).

I could not help but chuckle as I heard a couple with the windows down call me a damn fool for riding. But it didn't matter. It felt right to be out.

Login or Register to Remove Ads