Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2014, 12:45 AM   #1

Fuel Leak-Valve?

Okay, here's the low-down. A few months ago, I bought a 2008 Wildfire 50cc scooter for my step-son to get around. It had some cometic issues but it runs. I didn't get a close look at it before buying, and found the previous owner had made "repairs" to the wiring. After several days, I got the wiring staightened out. Kid was going to an appointment and couldn't get it started, and it was leaking gas. When I was able to check it, I found he had the kill switch on and the gas was leaking out of the air box. I tried to start it, but gas just poured out of the air box. I figured there was an issue in the carb, so I took it off, took it apart, cleaned it out, and reinstalled it. I primed the carb according to the service manual. The scooter tried to start, but started pouring gas out of the air box again. I disconnected the vacuum line to the fuel valve and there was a little gas in the line. I attempted to start it again, and this time to fired up. When I tried to plug in the vacuum line, the scooter would die. I pulled off the line and started the scooter. Again noticed gas in the line, but when I suck on the line to prime the carb I get no gas on the vacuum side. I noticed the breather hose that goes from the valve cover to the air box was wet, so I disconnected it at the valve cover. When I started the scooter again, and got the vacuum line connected without it dying, after a few seconds fuel was shooting out of the beather at the valve cover. I'm guessing that the fuel valve must be malfunctioning, allowing fuel into the vacuum side. Before I get a replacement valve, I wanted any opinions you might have.

Login or Register to Remove Ads