Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM   #1

What is a fair price for not starting 2012 CFMoto Fashion 250?

Hi all.

I have been eyeballing a used scooter for sale. It's a CFMoto Fashion 250. Basically a Chinese copy of a Honda Helix.

Parts seem hard to find, it's been abandoned by the brand,(they no longer make scooters, at least in the USA) and the brand itself seems unstable.

It isn't crashed, has sat for years, owner replaced battery and claims they "cleaned" the carb. (Don't know if that means "sprayed carb cleaner in the throat" or "took apart, soaked and rebuilt").

What is a fair offer? They were asking (and not getting) $1000 USD.

Would $300 be fair, all factors considered?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM   #2

Someone on this site, who is also active, has a CFMoto Helix clone. I had the Qlink version (same company, CFMoto made it) and donated it to a thrift store with 5000 miles on it. You can read all the drama on Burgman USA. Type in "A Qlink Followed Me Home" and prepare to read. That being said:

Does it run? Do a cold start. Feel the exhaust and make sure its cold before starting. Should idle smooth for a thumper.
If not, why doesn't it run?
If it runs check the oil. Looks okay?
I know the anti-freeze was never changed, so look for rust.
The rear tires like to wear out, because they are so small. Don't buy Dunlops, or as we call them, Dunplops, because they'll dump you in the wet!
Front wheel spin free? Brake drag is a PITA to fix. I replace the whole caliper.
They (CFMoto) is "close enough" to a Helix for most consumables, so some Honda parts will fit/work.
If it's red and on the east coast look closely on the rear trunk. If it has a very faint "Avoid Qlink/CFMotot products. They make junk." faded in the paint walk away! That's my old one.
Real Honda Helix's sell for $2500 and up around here. I LOVE the Helix and have owned 2. The Qlink Commuter Helix clone we had rode fine but it just self destructed. If it runs $1000 seems fair(ish) IF they are the original owners and have all the paperwork. If they bought it to "flip" it then I'd offer $500 cash and see what they do. Me personally, I wouldn't go over $750 max.
If it doesn't run at all its a heck of a gamble. Again, read my 'Qlink followed me home' thread on Burgman USA.
Good luck!
Old Today, 12:25 PM   #3

Parts are available at www.alpha-sports.com

They're in Maine and as of a couple of years ago they were still selling the parts they're listing. I bought mirrors, body parts and brakes for front and rear from them.

I wouldn't pay more than $300 so if it turned out to be a bust I wasn't losing my life savings. Mine has 18,000+ and still runs fine. It has had a few metallurgical breakages but runs on with easy part replacements.
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.

Login or Register to Remove Ads