Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
I have a Lectric Xpedition with a passenger kit on the rear for my wife. She has a bum hip and is also not very confident on 2 wheels, so the Xpedition is our local runabout solution. It'll hit 26mph max but I keep it at 14mph max with her on the back, unless we have a clear and safe opening, then 26mph it is. Very fun and cheap to run. The police never give us any grief, even if we ride on the sidewalk. I do show full respect for people on the sidewalk as they have the right-away. I also have a modded Lectric XP 3.0 that rarely gets ridden now. That thing is fast but it eats the battery pretty quick. I stay at 2 amps for charging, easier on the battery but it takes around 7 hours to full charge!

And speaking of 2 wheels, I inquired about a 2024 SYM CityCom 300i today. They would have to order it or I might have impulse purchased it. I suspect out the door it would be more than a 2024 Kawasaki Eliminator, the 500cc model. I try to hype myself up but I can't live with a motorcycle. But I really like that new Eliminator!
I really like the Eliminator too. I sat on one and it fits and I like the styling. It as 47 rear wheel horsepower so it's no slow poke at 390 pounds. Kawasaki builds great engines too. My only hangup is what it will cost OTD. It will be pushing over $8k and I don't know if I want to sink that kind of bucks into something. There are lightly used bikes for less at local dealers with no freight, prep and other costs that will hold me for a good long time.

Did you notice Jess's snarky comment over there about me posting? I wonder who told him since I doubt he would lower himself to come to a forum he doesn't control on his own.
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM   #77

Perhaps Jess's comments are a Vespa thing. If you still visit that site the current bicker point is KYMCO vs. Vespa. Poor OldScoot is caught up in that mess because he has both and voted KYMCO. If I had a good KYMCO dealer in my area I'd probably own a KYMCO myself. Great quality and easy to self service.

Before I forget, the Eliminator was marked down to $4999.00 for Memorial Day at my local Kawasaki dealer. I never made it to the dealership on Saturday so I guess the urge of a new bike isn't that strong for me. I was curious about the OTD price. I've never owned a Kawasaki product. Owned:
Honda scooters and motorcycles.
Suzuki scooters.
Vespa, both vintage and modern.
Lambretta scooters, obviously vintage.
Yamaha scooters and motorcycles.
Genuine scooters.
SYM scooter.
ADLY scooter.
Hyosung scooter. Friend had a Hyosung motorcycle.
Buell motorcycle.
KYMCO scooter.
Can-Am Spyder (wife had one, I did the service work)
WAIT, my roommate purchased a very used Ninja 250 for $400. Needed top end work. We used to fight over that bike. Went forever on a tank of fuel and was crazy easy to ride. That was a truely great bike!
Sure I'm forgetting some but if I did it's for a reason. The Buell was the worst. Heat made it terrible (not the later Rotax model) and it was all primitive. Never left me stranded though.