View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 04:03 PM   #1

Beginner and Intermediate 50cc 4 cylinder

A week ago my wrecked 3x Qinqui 50cc 4 cyclinder scoot got stolen so I'm looking for a replacement 1 step higher in quality. I'm 60, 200lbs, have a car and truck, so my use is purely recreational including a shuttle scoot for kayakfishingl. Do my own scoot maintence, belt, rollers, oil, electric but not tires, LOL. Want a quiet, 100mpg environmental friendly scoot.

So I started with CarolinaFunMachines.com buyers guide with entry level and medium quality scooters. Entry includes TaoTao, Peace Sports, Velocity, VIP, Roketa. Medium includes Bintelli, Wolf and Motofino. Called dealers of Bintelli and Wolf(both have US headquarters and both contract with a China factory to make and put spec parts on their brand). Also called Bintelli and Wolf headquarters. Dealers were great, knew their product, used to sell the TaoTao, and said that TaoTao just doesn't have the quality control or quality parts as theirs. Bintelli would only "Chat" with me, when I called I was referred to a dealer. The Wolf dealer said Wolf headquarters would talk with me and they did and right now I'm seriously considering buying a Wolf locally for $1,164 incl. tax.

So for a proud Scootdawg who has gratefully learned and received great help from members I wonder for someone like me who can work on their own scoot, what am I really getting for spending $1,100??? that I can't get for spending $680 including shipping right now for a TaoTao from Newegg?

From what I understand from Bintelli and Wolf I'm tangibly getting:

10" aluminum vs steel rims
gates belt
motobatt or similar battery

then intangibly getting:

100% copper wiring?
dot hoses?
quality control at the plant??
quality control before shippment to dealer?
higher spec carb?
properly tensioned bolts? and engine bolts?
steel outer hardware?
impeccable dealer service and support and warrantee?

So I ask those "in the know" for a proud Scoodawg who is a diyer, is it worth $419 up front for: ride/performance/time spent repairing/replacing parts etc. to spend $1099 vs $680.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by skyrider; 10-10-2016 at 07:32 AM.