View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 05:32 AM   #36

I'll be 60 in four months and I am loving my SYM RV-250! I had a Yamaha V-Star 1100, fully dressed out, but I gave it to my son as he needed a reliable vehicle and had no money for one. I had never thought much about scooters, thinking only of small ones like 50cc. I went to my local park one day for a walk and saw all these maxi-scooters parked in a row at one of the information stations. I think that I had seen maxi-scooters before but mistook them for some type of crotch rocket! I wasn't even aware that large scooters existed! After looking at them and seeing what fun the folks were having, I started looking. After reading up and researching, I found my SYM on Craigs list, approximately 50 miles away at a killer price...and the bike only had 2500 miles on it! It was owned by a lady who was learning to ride on it and had only ridden it around her subdivision. Her husband wanted her to ride with him on trips, but to have her own bike, so he got her a Yamaha V-Star 650 and there was no more need for the scooter. I went and picked it up and never looked back! Riding this thing is as much fun as when I was young and had a Sears and Roebuck mini-bike! No more throwing the leg over, no clutch and shifting of gears, nice and light, easy to hold up and manuver, plenty of get up and go, very easy on gas, quiet...did I say fun, fun fun!? I love it. No more motorcycle for me...now, I'm strictly a maxi-scooter man! I intend to ride until I can't ride. The biggest thing is for her to take the motorcycle safe riding course. Even though I had ridden for years, it had been years since I had ridden when I got back on my bike. I decided to take the course to get a break on my insurance, but did I learn a lot! I am very glad that I took the course. Good luck and enjoy!