Thread: Honda CB300F
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 07:50 PM   #6

Wheelbender66
I love the SMax & have driven it up to 65mph with no problem it's a real enjoyable ride. The only reason I'm even considering a Honda Cb300f is the times I might have to get on a Interstate for 10-20 miles until I can get onto another less crowed/ 55-65 mph road. Just now have 1200 miles on SMax all Enjoyable except where road surface is uneven or under repair. This Scooter fulfilles 95% of my needs , just not the higher speed needed a few times a year.
Which I haven't needed since I bought my scooter . I can always find backroads just takes longer & more miles. One person here on this forum has said the 300f being a motorcycle with only having 16000 mile valve inspection with other services would be less & the Honda 300 would out last most Scooters.
I do love Scooters! No more big Bikes for me ! I would love it if the SMax was a 250cc 5-10 more hp than I've got with 14" wheels compaired to the 13" I've have. This is just nit picking, just dreaming of my Dream Scooter. Like a Yamaha 250 cc Yamaha XMax. I think the Honda would be buzzy & rattle/ vibrate over 65mph. I've owned a few other 650-700cc motorcycles that were great up to 65-70mph then starting the vibrate rattling.
Anyway just thinking if I want to take a chance on the Honda CB300F.