View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 06:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
sounds like a vacuum leak and/or a bad carburetor. Might want to also check the valve clearance again and make sure the camshaft timing is spot on. Simplified the carburetor has four modes...cold start, idle, mid-range and power. I'd be checking the cold start enrichment and idle speed/fuel mixture adj. If that doesn't get it running right try cleaning the carb and if that doesn't work ... new carburetors are cheap for GY6s.
ok, so it's been quite a while and after tinkering this vento r4i clone still isn't running. So, you mention timing maybe being an issue. That's the part that confuses me because im able to neatly make sure the camshaft middle hole is pointing straight up when i place the chain over it no sweat, however, I'm not sure if I'm getting the crank exactly where it needs to be.

When i attempt to put the flywheel right on the T mark, what happens is the flywheel moves a little clockwise, seemingly because the way the crankshaft weights are, gravity wants to pull them down so I can't get the flywheel to stay exactly with the T mark being pointed at by the notch on the flywheel cover to point exactly at it. So, knowing what TDC looks like, i try my best to get the piston exactly at its topmost position before the crankshaft wants to move the piston a couple degrees when I let go of the flywheel.

What does any one suggest is going on? In youtube videos the guys that do the timing portion put the flywheel in perfect position with the notch pointing straight at the T mark without the crank moving right after they put it in that position.

Last edited by Jesush91; 03-02-2018 at 11:50 AM.