View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 10:29 AM   #1

No! No! No! No! Taotao Already Going 'Put'??

I've been having issues with my scooter the last couple days. I finally found out what was draining the battery and fixed it, and drove it around for the day.

While driving, I noticed it would no longer make it up the hill, and that when I released the throttle, it lost power too quickly, and I would need to twerk the throttle while waiting at lights to keep it from dying.

About half-way through the day, I saw I was down to half a tank. I thought this was sudden, and kept riding, later on to see I was almost on 'E', then on 'E'.

I got some more gas and went home to bed, only to wake up last night and try to start it. The tank still had a full tank of gas, but wouldn't start, only turning over and not catching.

Then I smelled gas. When I looked down, I saw gas streaming from the chain drive or belt drive. It was pouring out the side bottom of it.

What have I done?? Was my unknown failure to check the valves responsible for busting the fuselage? Is there anything I can do, or is my new scooter literally falling apart before my eyes!! It ran so well for a day, I hate to think I'd lose all that money on a lemon, and I need this scooter, it isn't just for fun! Does anyone have any thoughts on what I need to check, or what I need to do to get it running again?

Thanks!

Ride like your life depends on it!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by Luked; 04-02-2014 at 03:31 AM. Reason: corrected than to then, removed superfluous commas.