View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 02:23 AM   #4

Shadowfire, has given you some pretty sound advice. You should listen to him.

My answer will address both threads you started on this subject.

Not knowing your scooter I looked up reviews. In the review here, the author tells you everything you need to know IF you listen. In the specs box and about 2/3 the way down the page he tells you about the PGM FI system on the scooter.

What PGM FI means in simple terms is you have a powertrain computer that adjusts both fuel and timing in a pre-programmed way. It is most likely just as sophisticated as the same named design on the Honda cars, suvs, truck.

What that means is that if you really want to change ANYTHING on the engine performance characteristics of your scooter you are going to need a tool like an Actia Passthru+ XS to reprogram (flash) the computers memory. You will also need a software program and a flash file either written by you or someone else to do that with. This all assumes that Honda has enabled that capability and provided an OBD II port (connector) on the scooter.

Any changes like destroying the airbox, or drilling holes in the exhaust will most likely result in failure and require a new part purchase.

To address the other thread of noise to be heard; why not buy some backup type noise maker for a truck and wire it in to the scooter so that you are always heard. I find that noise very annoying as many others probably do.