View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 11:16 AM   #7

When we (myself and 3 other friends who play with Zuma's) have had a lean seize, the scooter is rolling along, stalls suddenly, the smell of burning rubber fills the air and the scooter will usually start back up-with slightly less power. The rubber smell is from the motor locking up for a second, allowing the belt to slip over the now stationary variator because the scooter was still going forward and the rear wheel is still turning. I run a rpm tach and temp gauge with the appropriate alarms set to notify me of pending doom. We initially set the motors using a much more sophisticated equipment (I work in engineering at a small engine company.) but stuff does fail and weather changes can affect out tunes. I now prefer nothing more than a Stage 1 set-up.

When my Zuma 125 blew a belt in the middle of nowhere, I called a friend who owns a tow truck company to rescue me. Wife was with me so no pick-u truck. The tow truck had option to haul a motorcycle in a one piece track. I should have taken a picture, it was really nice. Loaded on street level (my rear wheel was locked TIGHT) then strapped down and raised in the air. So any movement with yours is still movement. I would get it home if possible. I still think its a lean seize.....