View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 09:29 AM   #5

Thanks for the lesson on crank case ventilation. The air chamber from front to back is Radiator faces forward, Fan behind the radiator betwen the engine and radiator. The rear mounted fan blows forward pushing air thru the radiator forward. So if the fan comes on at a stop sign no problem. But it it comes on at 30 mpg the fan will be working against forward forced air flow. I would have expected they should have mounted it I the front to blow back? Perhaps they mount the fan in back to maximize air from the front plastic vents. I suppose I could leave it behind the radiator and simply reverse the wires to make it pull air from the radiator to the rear.

The importer (Great Sports) sent me a whole new fan with screen because of the bitched up screen. I could mount it in front or the radiator and I could super cool. But I'd probly draw too much current and drain the battery.

I've added a mini battery tender, mini digital volt meter to the cluster area
And have a digital water temp gauge I'd like to install today. Thes should help me monitor what's going on. I'll have to find the crankcase temp sender to see if I can connect the wires from that without having to splice a hose and install another temp sensor.

It is 7 degrees F here in Boston and only about 25f in my garage. So it will be a while until I'm able to accurately check for overheating.

Login or Register to Remove Ads