View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 06:28 PM   #9

With the trailer having the ability to lean, it can go through corners much faster than a 2 wheel type trailer.

Having the weight tied to the bike where it is, is much like having a passenger on the pillion seat. So when parking the bike it goes onto the center stand. Because, think of the trouble you'd have trying to put your bike on the side/kick stand with a passenger still on the seat..... Uh, I don't think so. With the trailer hooked up, only the center stand is used when parking.

Any trailer, single or 2 wheel that had a better aerodynamic shape would do nearly equally as good. And nearly equally as bad without better aerodynamics. Having said that, 2 wheel trailers tend to be much wider and so generally have a larger frontal area that tends to higher drag.

The thing about 2 wheel trailers is that generally speaking, they are able to carry a larger volume with a higher weight than a single wheel trailer. Smaller lighter loads than a 2 wheel trailer yet more than a top box & saddle bags that can be carried faster is the forte of the single wheel.

I would barely notice the trailer back there normally. Slightly slower acceleration? - yes. More braking distance needed? - yes, but any trailer needs to consider that. Where this thing really shines is in the turns. It tracks exactly behind the rear tire. With a 2 wheel trailer, in slow turns the trailer tends to track to the inside of the turn. That is to say when making a right turn, one has to swing out a little to keep the inside wheel from hitting the curb. Single wheel this does not happen. In fact it tracks slightly to the outside of turns. If the bike rear tire hits something, so will the trailer wheel. Out on the road you can take the twisties the same way as if one had a passenger; which would still be faster than hauling a 2 wheel trailer.
"Darkside" Honda Reflex.
"Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."

Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me