View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #1

Question My MC-13-250 has problems

Hey guys I told you guys some of you may remember I said I was getting a 250 that would shut off if the RPM's dropped below 2K. <-- well that deal went a way so I didn't get that scoot, but I still wanted one so I checked around and found an 07 Roketa BALI 250. It was kinda far off but I figured "what the hell" it runs so I could drive it home. <--DUMB anyways I get there the guy showed me the scoot every thing looked good it started up I test drove it down the street everything was fine. It was low priced at $700 I figured I'm getting a pretty good deal. So I buy it and start my ride home.

I went to the gas station down the street to fill up (premium gas)
I saw no problems.

next I got on the highway and got the scoot up to about 65mph and hung there. a little later I wanted to see how fast it would go so I got up to around 71-73ish.

A little after that the scoot died, it shut off while doing about 60mph and I coasted to a stop.

I sat for a second on the side of the road and thought maybe I flooded it or something.

I wanted to start it again so I held the break and hit the start button and it started after a try or two. when i pulled away "I noticed a lot of smoke coming form the muffler" I thought to myself that "if it continued I'd stop" but shortly after it stopped. So I rode on.

The scoot had me worried that I'd be stuck on side of the road. No one I knew had a truck to pick it up if it wouldn't run so I pressed on.

Next I started losing power "It didn't shut off like before" but it was slowly dying. After it dropped below 35mph I decided to kill it and pull over. I then decided to call the guy I bought it form less than an hour ago. I told everything you see above ^ . He said he would haul it home for me but could not take it back because he didn't know what I had did to it.

Once I got it home I started the scoot and drove up my driveway everything seemed fine it was pretty late at this point so I parked it and went to bed. The next morning I decided to take it around my neighborhood to see what was wrong with it. It started up and looked good but once I got up to 40mph the temperature was pegged but the power was back. So I thought to check the coolant the reservoir was full but when I looked under the seat I found a hole in the plastic filler. Upon further inspection I found rigging that left the radiator with no power source. The fan and fuel pump worked but I found nothing that would lead me to believe the radiator would work (it has a plug with nothing connection to it) I also found that the fuel pump was (wrong)aftermarket and was "resting" on the scoots underpinning.

What do you guys think?

Login or Register to Remove Ads