View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 11:57 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies. I do agree that the older, used one with 5,000 miles would probably be the better buy as he's had it serviced up until the point he didn't ride it anymore. I would still tear it completely down and treat it as if it were new doing a full PDI. But another thing to consider is the fact I haven't rode a dirt bike/motorcycle/scooter/moped in a very long time. So without experience; perhaps getting something that's 50cc would be a better investment to see if I actually /like/ riding one; which honestly, I liken riding a bike/atv to a rollercoaster and the thrill is worth it.

So, Amazon has the Taotao ATM50-A1 50cc for around $599 + $155 shipping. Plus I can 0% finance it for around 12 months. And there's a 13 episode or so youtube series on a complete PDI of this exact model on Youtube to help me out. At least I would also get used to riding plus get used to doing maintenance/PDIs and fixing any problems that may come up.

Thanks again for the advice. I'll probably make my decision by the end of the day what I'm going to do.