View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 07:46 PM   #1

What scooter for my purpose

Hello. I have a Tao Tao Evo 150. It does great for my city 10 mile one way commute to work. I have it running real sweet. Just turned 1000 kilometers. However I'm not real comfortable on this thing past about 50. Actually, 45. 50 seems to be pushing it a little and as you may know it's not a big scooter. So I started cheap to ensure scootering was my thing coming from sport bikes. It is, I love it. Now I'm spending a lot of weeknights at my property in the RV which is a 20 mile highway commute to work 1 way. This is county roads, I'm not fond of interstates. I need to comfortably do 60 for 8 mile stretches. I'm talking windshield, probably some saddle bags, hand gaurds for the cooler mornings, gym bag, some groceries on the way from work, and me being 220 pounds. What CC do you guys recommend and still get 50+ MPG. I've been looking at used "big 4's" in the 300-400 cc class. I found an 03 Burgman 400 for $2500 with 10k miles and really like it. It's got some road rash where the guy smacked the garage, but that doesn't concern me. Would this be a decent scooter for my commute? Any other suggestions to cruise 60 easily? I even looked at some 650's I could apparently use for say a 50 mile dash to the state park. But the economy seems to dive way down above 400cc. Suggestions are appreciated.

Login or Register to Remove Ads