View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 11:21 AM   #5

If he was paying a shop to work on this worn out scooter it would be very different. He says he's broke, and I understand being tight on money, but there has to be a breaking point. Breaking point is were this Metro is at right now. Its so worn out that stuff is failing that normal riders never see. Its his only transportation because of medical issues. Oh well, at least he got to taste the power of a 70cc 2 stroke with front disc brakes and 12" wheels. I just dread when he calls me with a problem because it always gets worse when you get into it. This problem was technically not his fault. He never knew to change the reduction box/transmission oil and its not listed in the service manual as needing to be done! It seems the factory oil does not go as high mileage as he has, and the case got a small crack and the oil drained out. The whole rear of the scoot has been covered in oil forever, and he told me it was motor oil because he never put the washer back on the drain plug. Live and learn I guess. He's just lucky I help him with it because he's a friend and I know his situation.

Login or Register to Remove Ads