Thread: 2017 Adly RT50
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017, 10:08 PM   #1
2017 Adly RT50
by sc00ter sc00ter is offline 05-28-2017, 10:08 PM

Quick review of a RT50. First things first, you will either love or hate the looks. I have always had a fascination with the Honda CT70 but dont wanna deal with a old bike from the 70's. Adly is built by Her Chee in Taiwan, and my friend had the Moto Roma version of the RT50 called the Bee back in the early 2000's and I loved riding it every chance I got. Now I have one, so here goes:
ERGONOMICS-The seat has a slight forward tilt and its not that comfy. Im 5'9" and 200 pounds and the reach to the bars is comfortable (they can be adjusted if needed) and the peg position is pretty good. Just that seat gets painful after awhile. Looking into getting it re-worked, more flat with better padding.
ENGINE/TRANS-Will hit 40mph top end (bone stock and not de-restricted) and is quick enough on take off. The stock exhaust has a catalytic converter in it and it is very quiet. I need to bring it back to the shop it came from and get them to mess with the carb. It has a weird flat spot at 30mph but it is not dangerous or anything terrible, just annoying. Engine and transmission are not as smooth as my past Zuma 2 strokes but that "might" get better with some miles. Im at 350 kilometers so will update if it gets better OR worse.
BUILD/RIDE QUALITY-Stock Kenda tires grip very well and the brakes work pretty good. Front will squeals sometimes though. Short wheelbase will buck you from the seat on big bumps. Headlight is good but you will outrun it if the scooter goes any faster. Tail light is nice and bright. Good fit and finish overall. Some exposed wires in strange places. Paint looks nice but Im debating removing the decals.
OTHER NOTES-Bintelli says a rear rack is in the works. Has NO native storage. Easy to fill with gas and the locking gas cap pops on/off with ease. The oil tank is under the seat. Thankfully you dont have to add 2 cycle oil all the time because the seats a pain to remove and re-install. Battery is also squeezed under there. I carry a small disc lock on the grab rail by the seat. The big 12" steel wheels make disc access very easy. Steering column lock is easy to use but do you really trust them? Front suspension is pretty good overall and the rear shock has a "click" adjust ring. Very easy to put on the center stand and sits low enough for short people to sit flat footed. Gets attention almost every time you are stopped. Harley guys at work teased me BUT they jumped at the chance to take it for a ride.
FINAL NOTES-Overall happy with it. Weird, ugly, fun and unique. Has a 2 year warranty but I will start modding it once I hit around 1000 kilometers (the tiny speedo favors KPH's) and the dash lights are kinda hard to see in daylight but the turn signal has a nice "beep" to it. Oh, and the front tire SOAKS your feet in the rain! Its my toy and nice weather commuter (16 miles each way to work). Will add/edit as things change. ALMOST forgot! No gas gauge! Has a old school pet cock that has off/on/reserve. It will stall on take off when the tank gets low. Then you hope you swapped it back to run from the prior fill up as you reach down to put it on reserve and start looking for a gas station. I have yet to test its range!

Views: 15433