View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #18

I own a Burgman digit it has gotten at least 55 mpg this winter and as good as 66 before it got cold this winter. If its stolen it will be a $2500 loss that's what it will cost to replace.

the engine on my 150 is broken in and when its going into a headwind of 30+ mph (this happens a lot out here) the top speed is 40-45 mph. Not watching your mirrors when you are doing 20-30mph less than the flow of traffic is ill advised. It does not have power to accelerate in this situation. I know the comparison isn't fair I was comparing the comparably priced 250-300 chinese scoots the 150 unmodified is just too small. It cost around $60 to replace the belt on the Burgman.

Their is nothing "eco" about a bike that perpetually leaks oil and will be in the scrap heap after 30k or so... The 72 mpg I got on the 150 is not enough a savings to justify the variable performance for me... I am impressed by your 50 mph 50cc my 150 with 3 times the displacement struggles to maintain 50 in many common situations...

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing

Login or Register to Remove Ads