View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 09:57 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus26 View Post
Thank you for your service in many respects. Paramedics, firefighters ... you're all heroes in my book. And a scooter repair tech to boot.

Good post about octane. I've always understood octane to be resistance to ignition. My old Grand Wagoneer used to knock like crazy without premium.

I run a 150cc GY6 and I've been putting premium in it all along. In fact, if you've seen my other posts, I've kind of obsessed about it.

My question, I guess, is if higher octane means less pre-ignition, wouldn't that be a protection for your engine, especially at higher RPMs?
You are welcome! I would serve 21 more years if I wasn't in such bad health. Kidneys died due to chemicals we were exposed to. But of course the VA does stand behind those of us that were laden with toxins.. In fact they stand behind us... 0%..
In regards to high octane..well if ya don't have pre-ignition I wouldn't see a need for it. But if it works for ya..use it...only costs a few pennies more per tank. In my Scoot it just seems to give less power. I used to own a Turbo Charged PT Cruiser and it HAD to have high octane..otherwise it sounded like VW diesel engine going down the road.. I am not against high octane gas..I just wanted to let folks see and read that when their Asian manual says 91 octane..it is RON which equals 87 in U.S. gas. Cause many freak out or get frustrated when they can't find a gas station with 91 octane(U.S. grade gas)