View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #1

eBay GY6 Engine? Oil and Pressure Problems

I just bought a new GY6 engine and I'm having a major issue with the oil.
I dumped out all the factory oil (which was about 24 ounces). I started to pour in my new oil and suddenly the oil started overflowing after only 10 ounces of oil were poured in. I waited a minute for the oil level to drop so I could add more and it overflowed again after adding just about 1 ounce. If I pour EXTREMELY slowly and wait some time between little pours I can get 24 ounces in but ultimately it still doesn't register anything on the dipstick. I never experienced this before with a GY6 engine.

The engine starts up and runs fine. After running the engine and letting it sit for a minute, I unscrewed the dipstick and the oil violently came shooting out. I never experienced that before either. There is a huge amount of pressure building up in there.

I did an oil change where I slowly poured 1.2 quarts of oil in this engine just as a test and the dipstick still never read anything so I don't know what's going on.

Anyone got any ideas? Did I get a bad engine? Am I missing something? There are no leaks.

Login or Register to Remove Ads