View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 05:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueboy5000 View Post
First of all, this is EXACTLY why you DO NOT ride at full-throttle, high RPMs are when 90% of fatal engine problems happen.
Is this specific to GY6 engines or all engines? Is this more likely to happen on a Chinese engine?

Do you have any data to back these numbers up?

I don't have any data, so I'll give my opinion strictly as a guess and from personal experience.

Neglect is probably the number one cause of engine failure. Running low or out of oil, running on dirty and broken down oil, running lean because of a dirty carb/clogged air filter or an air leak, valves out of adjustment etc, will break an engine faster than anything else including running WOT.

I ran my Honda Elite 110, CPI Oliver City 50, SYM DD50, SYM HD200, Yamaha C3, and Tomos Nitro 150 at WOT for extended periods repeatedly with no engine problems.

I noticed in your signature you state the top speed of your scooter is 65 mph GPS verified. What good is that if you are unable or unwilling to use it?

I tentatively question that you may be saying running a Chinese scooter at WOT is not recommended?