Thread: Honda CB300F
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 07:37 AM   #7

Just me, myself and I, if I was going to give up my 250cc BR, as I do feel a bit the same way, in certain areas, and when loaded for a 4-5 day ride from home, I can feel my scooter drag ass going up some of the inclines, slowing down to 55-60 mph, once I top it, it's all fine and dandy again.
I'm not going back gears, I've been changing gears since well before I was licensed, in cars, trucks, tractors, back here in the foothills.

When I first rode a Honda Hawk in the late 70's, I was amazed, as it was like a snowmobile, twist and go!! I so enjoyed that.
I had kids and obligations and did not ride until again, until 2007, when I got the hankering for a some cheap miles, found Scoot Dawg and others, and started reading.
I bought a china scoot, and really liked it.

Then my folks got sick, I was caregiving, as I'm an only child, and the china scoot needed more lovin to keep it going, then I had time for, and after it letting me sit along the road (once to many times) and after a 20 hour day, it became a garage ornament.

During some of my computer reading time as a caregiver, I started to see the BR, and reading about the issues they had over on TR. I found a used one, bought it, and about that time my caregiving ended.

When I started to take the BR loaded up with my fishing tackle, and day bag, sometimes a tent and bag, cooler, stove, it became very apparent I needed more power, or I needed to loose a lot of weight.

So, for me, I'm after a Forza, still twist and go, no tinkering to get a good off the line jump, no roller weight changing, to coax a bit more out the motor, it's all there.
BRed showed me his speedo, in a video, his going like 80 mph, still getting great gas mileage.
I dont give a crap about going 80, but it tells me, once I load it down, for a nice long trip, I'll have all the power I could ever want, climbing anything around here anyway.

I do NOT like the style of the Forza, but I could learn to like, as I've fallen head over heels in love with that engine size.
If I could afford it, I'd gut the BR, and replace the vitals from the Forza, and chuck all that plastic from the Forza.
Just my $.02.
Good luck in your decision, it's a hard one for sure.