Thread: smoking
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 01:34 AM   #4

A 2T should smoke since it is burning oil along with gasoline . More so with cheap oil than synthetic . Mine smokes at start up when it is cold but it stops once the engine warms up . If it did not smoke I would worry . Are you premixing or using the oil injector ? Never use Lucas 2T oil I drained the bowl to change out the jets and it the oil separated from the gas as it has a blue dye in it . I use a NGKBRPHIX iridium sparkplug since the iridiums do not foul out like a standard plug can from oil build up . I knew to use NGKs since I was 13 but I did not learn about the iridium and synthetic oil until a trail buddy told me about them . My Honda CR125 left a com trail and I had to clean the plug every 2 or 3 months . I bought the iridium and used Bel- Ray MC1 full synthetic oil and tada only smoked at startup with hardly any after it warmed up . With a 2T you always want to use a larger than stock main jet so it will be a hair rich to avoid a soft seize which is easy to do if you run it hard stock .