View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 07:22 PM   #9

Oh yes I love my lil Pagsta Choppa or P.O.S. as a few motocross friends called it at first until they realized how much of a lil bad ass it was and could be with the right engine. hahaha! This will be my 3rd Lifan engine and I guess the 3rd time will be a charm, my motocross friend from teenage childhood friendship has already been fine tuning and tweaking out and modding away and jokingly around stealing it away from me when I'm at a girlfriends house in his neighborhood and tightening things up on me for it when they tend to get a lil too loose and rattly, gotta love friends like that, he told me when the new Lifan is in he'll help with rigging up a better engine mount then too!! Everyone was always telling me to get rid of it and I'd just laugh and say naw I need to get rid of the crappy low powered engine. RN On parkways and other 4 lane roads, I can go fast enough to not hold up traffic too much at max speed averaging between 50 to 55mph depending on hills and if brakes don't work fast enough I'm learning already to master downshifting. The 97cc was the am foreign car mechanic he didn't know where to get replacement parts and told me to get a new engine if I could find one so I did and paid for it brought it and the bike down to him then he stupidly put it on with a gun and overtightened the engine casing and CRACK That was a Lifan but with me maintaining the oil leak that damn lil Lifan 110cc won my respect with me driving it 65 or 45 miles (round trip) a day 3 days a week and other small time round the block riding one time I didn't mind the oil and let the leak get too low and the engine locked up on me and I had to call a friend with a pickup truck to help me get home that was a semi-auto(Those trips went on for about 6 to 8 weeks) then I took it to the speciality guy who specializes in small engines, lawn mowers, moped/scooters and motorcycles and have been using him ever since he then got me a unbranded 125cc semi-automatic both those semi's had electric start and IDK I think I accidentally locked it up too one day (No dang oii indicators!! I hate it, but it's teaching me to be mindful and observant haha) then we ordered me the Lifan 125cc pitengine no electric start cdi wiring but nothing to ignite it too as we already tried every which way but loose and now he's got the info on where to get this electric start 150cc Lifan, so Lifan's really have won my respect on how much of a beating and torture those lil fEckers can from, so I'd feel much more comfortable risking it on a brand I already know and have use and yes my motocross friend told me the takegawa mod involves a 32 spoked rear tire chainwheel sprocket, I like it that the Lifan defaultly comes with a 15 toothed engine sprocket as thats whats recommended for best top speed. Guess all thats left for me to hunt and ask around about a good performance racing carb that would work best with this style frame of a bike and that engine then flush out the fuel injection system maybe with some octane booster liquids and what not, then I'll be all set even when the 180/190/201cc big bore head modification comes after 500 miles, that was my only other quirk and concern with those Piranhas and Pitsters them having the narrower more triangular shaped heads, not much room or size to work with on oversized valves with them, unless I got things mixed up in how I'd understand and comprehend that with my declined knowledge of mechanics. haha

Last upgrade to do with maybe would be somehow fitting a lil bit bigger battery in it and a more powerful headlight, maybe one that's led or something.