View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 11:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Chinese scooters don't come out of a shipping crate ready to roll. Doing a complete PDI is absolutely necessary. Here is a link to one on this site....http://scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=55171 . If you google "scooter pdi", you will find others. It will take some time to do one properly. If you don't do it, you will have one problem after another, and never have a dependable scooter.

When mine arrived, it was in pieces for a week. Every bolt or nut got a drop or two of blue locktite, every electrical connector was unpluged, greased, and put back together, wires were re-routed, or insulated, to avoid rubbing on the frame, the cheap glass, main fuse was replaced with a blade type. The emissions system was removed, the fuel tank was removed and blown out with compressed air.......you get the picture.....it is not a one hour job.

Do a pdi, operate it the way it should be, and be religious about routine maintenance....you will be rewarded. I just crossed the 10,000 mile mark with my Chinese scooter.....and it is no where near worn out, I have never had a breakdown, roadside repair to make, or any other problem while riding. It has never failed to start, idle, or run properly.....and it still has the original spark plug in it.

[IMG][/IMG]
Awesome. The next Chinese scooter I buy will be awesome since I now know how to work on them.