View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 05:22 PM   #11

Thanks for the manual! I've needed something like that, mine did not come with one.

I will purchase a feeler, there's a store right next to me. I appreciate the advice about youtube. Sometimes it's harder than it looks on the video though.. I'll just have to practice.

I went to tighten that bolt, and check the float today, but was unable to find the right parts of the scooter to do so. I think for the carb, I didn't take enough of it apart, but when I tried to, I kept losing parts, and bent the pin that goes down into the carb trying to figure out how to reassemble it when it all popped apart. I'm telling you, that part of my brain doesn't work yet!

I did notice a loose screw on a clamp which fastened it to the (motor?) directly above my chain drive. I'm not sure what it is, but it's a piece of accordion (flexible) shaped rubber tubing. I tightened it, and the cycle started again, but I'm not sure if that was what was leaking.

Here is a picture. I circled the tube. The silver band is the clamp I tightened. It actually runs into the box on top, not the one the kickstand comes out of. Did that fix it? I know I'll still have to feel out the valves. Afraid to ride too much till I get that done! Did bending the pin jeopardize my bike in any way?

Here's the pic:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg taotao.jpg (20.8 KB, 10 views)

Ride like your life depends on it!

Last edited by Luked; 04-03-2014 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Corrected Ut to It, accordian to accordion.