View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #30

I am having a similar problem with overheating. I thought that I had burped all of the air out, engine temp. was running normal. The fan was coming on. Twice I let my scooter idle for about 30 minutes and everything was fine. Or so I thought it was until I went out on the interstate. I went only about a mile at around 70 mph. then I exited. The temp guage never went above normal. The fan was running, everything appeared fine. After about another mile on the street, I noticed the temp. guage had red lined HOT. I have NO thermostat installed, I had removed it to eliminate that as a possible problem. So there shouldn;t be anything keeping the collant from circulating. Now, when I pulled over, I noticed that my fan was NO longer coming on. I believe that there is still air in the system, and my interstate ride moved it along.
Because before when I first flushed the system, and then installed the new coolant, when I first started up the scooter, the fan didn't come on because the radiator was cold. Even though the engine was HOT, but the coolant wasn't getting circulated thru the system because of the AIR in the line. As far as the radiator was concered the collant was cool and didn't need the fan. The HOT coolant wasn't being circulated to the radiator. However, after several burps, the fan came on and the temp guage went to normal. The problem that I am having now, is exactly as it was yesterday before I was able to get the darn thing to burp, burp, burp.
So, be sure to burp your baby really really good!