View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 08:35 AM   #5

Definitely, owners cutting wires has been the biggest single problem I have seen on any vehicle.

Here is a prime example of why NOT to do that. The brown and red wires were tapped into a green w/ white tracer wire. The green w/ white tracer wire was a switched power feed. The brown wire which was cut from the terminal in the same connector block was a power out wire from the headlamp main switch.

The red wire was an owner installed jump circuit from the green w/ white tracer, to the headlamp connector block.

btw.. the headlamp main switch works fine.

Repaired all the connectors, removed the extra circuit, pulled the wires from the connectors and added heat shrink tubing over the damage for insulation and reinstalled them. Now all that works well and the wires are now re-insulated.

Removed, welded and reinstalled the floor board. Found a few screw clips in the underbelly pan underneath it.

Next is to remove the exhaust and recondition it, then repaint w/ high heat paint. Here is a tip, the black high heat paint sold @ HF gives good protection, goes on well, and does not have a color match problem.

After that I'll reinstall the radio antenna mast, trunk bottom panel, trunk lid. The extra weight should provide a good tilt (see saw action) of the chassis making it easier to remove and reseal the shocks later.

I have been starting and running it at idle for 15 to 30 minutes every day to help it get use to running again.

Login or Register to Remove Ads