View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 12:01 PM   #15

Scooters have an advantage of being small and light with low power. The learning curve to ride a scooter is much less than that of a motorcycle. In many states you don't need any special licensing nor is state inspection a requirement. Many municipalities will allow you to park scooters on the sidewalk or in special "scooter parking" areas. Add to that that many scooters get 100MPG or better and you have some pretty strong reasons to ride one.

But, are they more fun?

While I'm going to echo what others have said, I'll elaborate a little more. I have a Harley Electra Glide, a Honda VLX and a Zuma 125. Which is more fun? Depends on what I'm doing. If I want to go 400 miles in a day at 65MPH the Harley is a sweet ride and my preference. If I'm going 200 miles of twisty curvy roads where it may require a U turn or two then the Honda VLX is hands down the most fun. But, If I'm going less than 100 miles and don't need to go over 45MPH then the scooter is my ride of choice. These are my criteria your mileage may vary.