View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 04:39 PM   #4

Update.

Tried to adjust the valves today. I was not able to get the cover off of the timing chain so I went with 2 of the three things to make sure your at TDC.
Arrow lined up with notch which is viewed from the hole above the oil fill. I also took plug out to see top of piston.
Well guess its real important to align both marks.
I should of waited and got a small vise grip to remove the rounded bolt on the timing chain cover.
Did exhaust first and there was a tiny bit of play in the rocker arm. It was at .003 so adjusted it to .006.
I'm like this is not that bad. So onto the intake valve. No play at all in the rocker arm. So I start to loosen up the valve and loosen and loosen finally get it so I can put .004 gauge to fit. Thought I was good tighten all up started and OMG what a racked . I have a video will try to upload later. Ran out of time due to having to let engine cool.
My thoughts are that I was not a truly TCD. I'm thinking the intake must of just started to open the valve due to no play in the rocker arm, and the reason it took so may turns of the nut to loosen up enough to get the gauge in.
Any thoughts from the board on this.
Now I have to wait until I get back from the west coast to try again.

Mike K in South Jersey.