View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #23

Got one

Ok guys and gals? I just got back and I went with the VIP model. I wanted the extra storage.

Problems so far...
All they had apparently was the 2012 model.
Even after driving it about 15 miles to get it back it still has trouble staying running when coming to a stop (when the brake is applied) If I start it up and just let it run it seems to do fine until I hit the brake causing the back tire to stop. Then it bogs down and if not revved up lightly it dies out.

The guy at the shop said this wont be a problem during warmer weather. Who knows? I don't. It's 42F right now. Needless to say I'M COLD from the drive home.

Top speed on flat was 35mph
top speed going down hill was 42ish
Going up a hill was 20mph
I fought the wind basically the whole way back.

So my ideas are
new spark plug
better oil (any recommendations?)
premium gas
2 cap fulls of seafoam (i used this with my zuma and it outran all other stock zumas)
And if need be a new carb.
oh and it needs a bath!

The throttle does leave a little to be desired as it seems to have 2 speeds at times lol. either full or very little. But not all the time.

It is a little scratched up here and there but orange is what I wanted and seeing as it was the last one that they had to go pick up from another store while I waited I was making sure I got it.

Not sure if it will be above or below my text but I'm including a picture of it.

Oh and last but not least I added a vibration remote controlled alarm to it for anyone around here with sticky fingers. 120db should deter them better than nothing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0085.jpg (97.9 KB, 10 views)