View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 07:55 AM   #7

Over on Total Ruckus, is a section for the PCX. I dont go in there so much as I ride a Big Ruckus.
I can tell you in the BR section under the Performance banner are threads how the guys are tuning their BR's.
BRed's threads are PACKED full of roller weight changes, different clutches, all with Vapor chart records to see the changes. Very carefully documented to compare each set up.
The Big Ruckus, was a lead sled out of the show room. Part of it's low sales numbers is directly related to that. They also had a terrible rear shock that just made the ride suck badly.

Roller weights are the cheapest way to give yourself either more jump from the line, or less jump and more top end.

Then the clutch, Honda's is fine, again different needs or wants for different folks, some went to the JCosta pin driven clutch. Some the Delta, some Polini, some Malossi.

All I'm getting at, is once you spend some time going over the charts, and reading the excellent documentation, you can use that information for any size motor, IMHO.

On my BR, in orginal condition I'd NEVER even consider a 1000 mile touring ride.
However, after drilling out the port on the slide vacuum, re-jetting, changing the weights sliders or rollers or a mix of both, Polini contra spring with the Honda variator face, adding a YSS shock, built for the BR, K&N filter, a hot engine valve adjustment, and adding a tach, it's a completely different machine.

The biggest loser, in changes for BR's, BBK's. I've not read of any that made the conversion for a long period of time, without engine failure. I'm sure some may have, I just have not read of them myself.

I was never a Honda guy, nor any other brand. I worked for AMF when they got in the Harley Davidson lines back in the mid 70's. I built thousands of parts for them, but never had a desire to own one...still don't.
My heart loves the small CC's and all they do or can do.
Without buying my chinadoll, I never would have found the Big Ruckus, nor learned to wrench on a motorcycle, and all the joy when riding.

Even after spending 10 hours straight, tank after tank of gas,when riding down to North Carolina, last month, I found myself, grinning like a damn fool, while trying to navigate through the thick layer of bug splattered windscreen!! Just a wonderful alive feeling.
Man I love my machine.