View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 11:42 AM   #25

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by majbett View Post
Maxiscoots have diminished the difference but if you like to shift gears, acceleerate fast, and go off road, motorcycles are more fun.

I traded for a scooter after I retired because my wife and daughters did not want me to buy a motorcycle. They thought a scooter might be less dangerous. I rode motorcycles for 30 years (1960-1990).

I started with a 150cc and then bought a 400cc. I now ride a 650cc Suzuki Burgman which rides much cooler than a motorcycle (engine heat is ducted under the rider), with a driver backrest it is more comfortable, and with a T-box can carry twice the load.

The step through frame makes it easier for an to mount and is almost a necessity if you have a backrest and T-box.

In the city, scooters are just as much fun and usually more comfortable and convenient.

Just for your information , Mustang makes a seat that has an adjustable backrest (it is also removable ) I have one & it is great. I don't have a step-thru frame but I had some steps (footpegs ) fabricated to help me in mounting (game leg ) Irish
P.S. I have a 2006 Sportster 1200cc w/ a Trike Kit.