View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 10:43 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwscooterboy View Post
I have limited experience riding scooters and/or motorcycles but I've always had this perception that scooters are just, well...more fun! I have absolutely nothing to base this on but when I sit and analyze it I think it's based on a couple things. When I think of warm, tropical places to vacation to I always seem to see scooters/mopeds for rent. And who doesn't like bopping around on a scooter while at the beach? I think the other reason is the ease of riding them. Of course with a little practice shifting gears on a motorcycle isn't really that tough but the whole "twist & go" feature that most scooters have reduces the learning curve for most newbies.

Or maybe scooters are more "social"? That many folks that ride motorcycles often do alone but a lot of people that ride scooters do it together? (I'm grasping at straws here, lol).

For those of you that have been riding both longer then I have (which is pretty much everyone on here) what do you think? And why?
You don't need a Motorcycle license for most scooters/mopeds. I assume that's why you see them for rent. John (head up his Butt ) probably couldn't shift anything anyway! Irish