View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:23 PM   #1

Razz I hate being so filthy rich...

I hate being so filthy rich...ok...in regards to my carb..cause my bank account is a joke..lol. As you know I put in that powerhouse iron kit from Autotech355 on Ebay. Old one that cylinder cracked on was a street kit...this a sport/race kit with porting big enough to fit my head through almost... Old one ran well on a #85 jet...this one was lean with it...#90 was lean with. It would only run ok until the auto enricher cut off..then it merely bogged and got hot. Today I put on a performance pipe and only bigger jet I had was a #100.. Probably more like 102..105 or bigger cause as everyone knows when you drill one out..it ends up slightly larger than the drill size. So my 1mm bit measured 1mm but as stated I'm sure the orifice is larger in the drilled jet.. To me it now seems rich..revs high on the stand..so much in fact that it almost whistles jet like at WOT. Take off is ok..sometimes a bit sluggish. Acceleration to WOT of only 35mph is slow and sounds as if it is breaking into a 4 cycle sound. When I get to WOT and drop to half throttle..speed stays the same...but it has a " tat tat tat tat tat " sound like a machine gun. Guessing that it is rich at that is unburned gas igniting in the expansion chamber? Bright side it is no longer lean and shutting off cause it's too hot once the enricher kicks off. Plug chop shows the porcelain as dark brown and the electrode as black. Never messed with raising or lowering the needle clip as I have always had success with a mere jet change. My question is...if I lower the needle..that will lean out my lower and midrange...but at WOT won't my main jet still be wide open once the throttle is fully twisted and the needle if fully out of the main jet opening?....leaving me too rich? Maybe go back to a #95 jet where it was lean and raise the needle?..

Login or Register to Remove Ads