View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 07:16 PM   #3

Nod

Hey thanks for your reply. I have several bugeye 2t Zumas & a GY6 150 Zuma. I also spent a summer as a mechanic at a moped shop, and am an ASE certified auto mechanic. Never encountered this problem.

To your clarifying questions:

6k mi

Pretty rough condition, did outside campus duty all its life. Blows a low of smoke when it runs, however it's the strongest Zuma I've ever had in terms of acceleration. The newer ones are terrible. Anyway.

It had not been sitting before the problem developed. It was my daily commuter. The issue developed 2Y after purchasing it. Ran fine before that.

I should emphasize how well it runs during the short time it runs well. It will fire up, respond to throttle, and zip up to 35 right away before bogging down and stopping, unless you close the throttle. The problem began intermittently but quickly became consistent and worse over a few days. The first time it happened, I started it up in the morning, drove out of the parking garage and to a stop sign, then when I opened the throttle again, it died.

Kind of stumped and tired of taking it apart. Thanks.

Login or Register to Remove Ads