View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #1

MC54-250-B Died at speed on the highway!

So, I will try to boil this down simply for ya!
A couple of days ago I was riding at about 70mph on a backroad and my bike cut out for just a second, then gained back to speed no problem.

Well today I was on a 100+ round trip I was on my way back when the bike cut out and died. First it lost power, then caught back up and ran again, then died completely. I got it over to the side of the road and let it sit for a few minutes. After it sat for I bit I started it back up. It sputtered for a minute then ran fine.

About 30 miles down the road it just died alltogether. The motor would turn over fine, but would not crank up and run.

So, 1.5 hours later I get it off the truck and in the garage and I try to start it. It hits over and nearly starts.

So, I didn't have time to fool with it anymore tonight, so I let it sit and came in the house.

Here are my thoughts... When trying to crank it I was giving it gas at the throttle, and I never even smelled fuel like I was flooding it out.

So, I am thinking the fuel pump went out, but it might also be my distributor.(CDI I think it is called?)

Any thought on this?

Now, the bike has the horizontal yami clone motor, I just went through and checked/siliconed all my electrical connections in a pre season tear-down and PDI, so I don't think it is a loose connection.

thanks!

Smoak

Login or Register to Remove Ads