View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #31

Send a message via AIM to erictheviking666
Quote:
Originally Posted by duosport View Post
For example here is a 110cc no ped available with a 4 speed transmission. Also available in a 49cc.

That is definitely what I would call a small displacement motorcycle. They are everywhere is Asia but kinda rare here in the states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
Hi Warren
Thats not the case in my home state we go by BHP not the displacement size of the engine and have no speed restrictions on 50 cc machines as well
and there may be others as well im sure so that can change depending on the state you live in
My title that came with both my Puma and Aprilia do list them as motorcycles though
So its a grey area, thats why when talking to the general public i call them motorbikes no matter the size or style
Its only when im here or in the company of fellow riders such as the members here that i try to get into specifics
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank
Here in Florida it's by engine size and/or speed. Anything over 50cc's is a motorcycle by their definition no matter if it has pedals (like a true moped) or manual shift. But also once you go over 30mph or the BHP (not sure what that is currently) they consider it a motorcycle as well, no matter the displacement or transmission.

Login or Register to Remove Ads