View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #5

Yes unbalanced it will wobble . I had ,y dealer balance mine and on the CS it does not wiggle any more than 1/4 of a mm . He used this http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcy...and-98488.html Now the factory ChengShin tires sucked compared to the Shinkos I have on it now . I had a TaoTao it had such a knot in the tire that it bounced like crazy and I took it back after only going 1,000 feet . Steel rims are easy to get bent and warp . CycleGear can mount and high speed balance for 20 per tire if you bough thetires from them or 30 if you bring your own . They do not R&R the wheel so you will need to remove it off of your scoot yourself .

There is balance beads that look like BBs that go inside of the tire . Some claim they work but I have not tested them . Having mine balanced removed the shimy at top end speeds . Even balanced with the CS tires if I removed a hand off of a grip while riding it would shake violently . With the Shinko I have no side to side wobble . I think it is because the CS has a zig zag wavy pattern in the middle and the outeredge was shaped like a V with little contact . The Shinko is more U shaped and has a straight line in the middle with a much more improved ride and handling

Login or Register to Remove Ads