View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #2

Thank you. Very interesting read considering I'm coming from the opposite end of the spectrum experience-wise.

I've made some of the same mental calculations on my time, vs a mechanics time, vs repairs, upkeep, parts swapping, etc, vs just trying to find a way to get a scooter that doesn't need it. While I do totally understand that for many people the tweaking is their favorite part of the hobby/lifestyle I'm not really in the place right now either financially or with the mechanical knowledge. I'm very mechanically inclined but when I need to get somewhere and the scooter will be my primary mode of transportation (since I work very close and my wife uses the car) the last thing I want to find is a problem that keeps me from moving with repairs I'd most likely have to research on my own to get it taken care of.

It is a slippery slope though. First I was set on a certain style of scooter, ranged around 1200-1400 or so online. Of course add in replacement parts, etc, all like you mentioned. Then I saw the new lance cali classic 125, it's not a Honda but from everything I've read it's pretty close and it runs around 2000. Then you start thinking.. ok, well a dealer isn't close, so add a couple hundred for shipping... oh, now I'm pretty close to a new piaggio.. which is a pretty close jump to a yamaha, etc.