View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #11

If I had caused the accident I may have had different thoughts.
But, I was nothing more than collateral damage in a multi car accident.
(Truck hit a car head on, that car hit a car, the truck flipped on it's side and skidded towards me, hit me, I rolled 7 times, down the street/curb ending on the sidewalk, with no foot, and 4 surgeries later no L leg.)

I'm only 64, and still got a few good years left.
I'm more active now than before, doing chit I never woulda done had I not become an amputee
I swim, play volleyball, sledge hockey, bochi ball,softball with the paraplegics, batting cages, archery, (and on and on and on) certified VA Counselor, More active in the church, speaker at various churches telling 'my story', and comptroller of the Amputee Recreational Support Group of Central Ohio.

I drive all my cars (even the VW Bus, albeit a little difficult to shift), and the scoot. Still do oil changes and tune ups. And working on getting back on a bike/Goldwing by trike kit or whatever.

Got 4 g-kids to spoil and watch grow up (they're 8 10 12 and 15)
No time for sitting on the couch sucking my thumb feeling sorry for myself.

I'm not tough, just not smart enuf to know I'm not supposed to be more active than I was, and enjoy (meaning appreciate) life a whole lot more
And, no one said anything bout the GFY on my Tshirt.

And if ya really see some gross pictures, let me know.
They're enuf to scare off anyone

Life is good
Enjoy every minute of it

And, I apologize for any distraction from Houndogs accident

HOWEVER
Staying on track with the subject, it's each persons decision to ride again or not.
If you still enjoy riding, fine, if you have a family, wife, kids, that that need you more than you need to ride, by all means, don't ride. (that doesn't sound quite right, but you know what I mean)
But, whatever you do, do it the best you can
Attached Images
File Type: jpg accident 1.jpg (16.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg me in the hosp.jpg (69.3 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by DaveC; 02-18-2014 at 02:06 PM.